Workforce Development tools empower your employees while creating an environment for your human resource department to move away from the paper shuffle and focus more on strategic endeavors. With Kemper 1st Choice Payroll, you can choose from multiple solutions which will integrate with the payroll process.
Hiring and Onboarding
Choose an all-in-one-solution for a fast, simple, and paperless hiring and onboarding process for you and your new employees. Select a cloud-based tool that streamlines the entire hiring and onboarding process for your HR department and make a great impression on applicants and your new employees.
Hiring. Kemper 1st Choice Payroll’s hiring solution allows you to create a unique experience for your applicants. Features include:
- Post positions with prescreening questions for easier review of qualified applicants.
- Choose the manner in which applicants can respond including written, video or voice.
- Upload postings to job boards and extensive job databases.
- Manage applicants and review key hiring indicators.
- Incorporate Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) questions within the hiring process.
- Sync with your calendar to forward interview appointments.
- Upload a customized offer letter to your newest employee.
Onboarding. Continue the experience for your new employees with an efficient electronic onboarding process. Features include:
- New employees will receive your welcome email with instructions to access their secure employee portal.
- New employees will establish an electronic signature to use with the onboarding documents you have selected to include in the onboarding process.
- New employees can securely upload documents like their driver’s license and passport.
- Your HR administrator reviews and approves all of the information before it flows to the payroll platform.
Portions of the Affordable Healthcare Act (ACA) remain in force and continue to impact employers in 2018. Even though Individual Mandate within the ACA was repealed in January of 2018, ACA requires Applicable Large Employers (ALE), generally those with 50 or more full-time equivalent employees, to report specific information on health coverage to the IRS and their full-time employees.
The Employer Mandate under Section 6056 requires ALE to offer full-time employees compliant health care coverage. In addition, the ALE must provide each full-time employee with a 1095-C outlining the offer of coverage, the low cost premium paid by the employee for employee-only coverage, and each month the employee was enrolled in coverage or declined the offer of coverage. Copies of each 1095-C along with the 1094-C transmittal will be submitted to the IRS.
Section 6055 of the Employer Mandate with ACA requires self-insuring employers to report who received coverage to the employee and IRS. If you are a self-insured employer, you must complete Section C of the 1095-C with each dependent enrolled in coverage.
Choose to create a new experience for you, your employees, and your company’s benefit providers. With a single sign on (SSO), you and your employees will have access to your company’s benefit suite. Through a SSO to a secure portal, new hires can sign up for benefits, employees can complete open enrollment, and employment terminations can be applied. Deductions flow to the employees’ payroll records for accurate reporting. The census data flows to the benefit providers including COBRA through Kemper 1st Choice Payroll daily electronic submissions. The Benefit Administration solution provides an opportunity to you to re-engineer your entire benefit administration and payroll processes leading to improved effectiveness
401K Third Party Administrators (TPA)
Our 401K Third Party Administrators (TPA) offer a superior solution for the administration of your company’s 401K retirement plan. Our TPAs understand the accuracy of year-end compliance work for retirement plans is of utmost importance. We provide a high level of due diligence and review to ensure the retirement plan reporting to government agencies is correct.
The relationship with your TPA begins with the review of your company’s plan keeping in mind what you would like to accomplish with your retirement plan. Your TPA is an invaluable resource; not only do we prepare plan documents, conduct compliance testing, and complete 5500s, we take time to answer your questions. We make the operation and functionality of your retirement plan our priority so you can focus on managing your business.